88 Ways to Tell if You're Stuck in the 80's
- Your fondest childhood memory is when Skippy got his head stuck in
- You relax by putting on your legwarmers and dancing to the "Footloose"
- You think the Two Coreys are "totally awesome."
- You're still bitter that Wham! broke up
- Punky Brewster is your hero.
- You type all of your term papers on a Commodore 64.
- You still resent your parents for not installing a dumbwaiter in
your house like Webster's.
- The only video games you play are Frogger and Pac Man.
- You're building your own Clockwork Smurf.
- Your summer attire is Jellies and Jams.
- A-Ha's "Take on Me" is still your favorite video.
- You consider yourself truly, truly, truly outrageous, much like Jem
and the Holograms.
- You wonder why more people don't wear high heels, Jordache jeans,
and lacy ankle socks.
- You call all motorcycle cops "Ponch."
- Every time you go to the beach you look for Snorks.
- You're still upset Madonna and Sean broke up.
- You know who Stinky Sullivan
- You work out with "Get in Shape Girl."
- You want to be Molly Ringwald when you grow up.
- You enjoy dancing on the ceiling and wearing your sunglasses at night.
- You know who Loverboy is.
- You think there should be a Kids Incorporated original cast reunion.
- You think of Janet Jackson as "that girl who used to date Willis."
- You can sing the theme song to Small
- Every time you see a fountain you want to dance around it and yell
- You still have a shoebox full of Garbage Pail Kid cards.
- You petition Congress to make "Born in the USA" the national anthem.
- You still use your Snoopy Sno-Cone machine.
- You know it's not "comma, comma, comma" it's karma.
- You stay up nights wondering what Bastian's mother's name was in
"The Neverending Story."
- You have nightmares about the Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine
- You still practice your Care Bear Stare.
- You know that girls just wanna have fuh-un.
- You can name all The Wuzzles.
- You harbor a secret dream of being slimed by Alistair.
- You can do the Safety Dance.
- In your spare time you are writing "The Breakfast Club 2."
- You like to "connect the dots, la la la la!"
- Someone metions Jennifer Beals and you don't say "Who?."
- Your prized possesion is a collection of "Return of the Jedi" Shrinky
- You know whose number is 867-5309.
- You get depressed thinking about Anthony Michael Hall's career.
- You're starting a write-in campaign to MTV to bring back Remote Control.
- You drink Diet Coke because Max Headroom told you to.
- You consider Jo vs. Blair the major philosophical conflict of the
- You have a duck phone and ride around your house on a little train.
- You want to be one of the Solid Gold Dancers.
- You still watch things on Beta.
- You want to change your name to Rio and dance on the sand.
- You know that "Weird Science" was a movie before a TV show.
- Your favorite proverb is "some like it hot and some sweat when the
heat is on."
- You always waited for the Sweet Pickles Bus to visit your house.
- Your favorite party game is Hungry Hungry Hippos.
- You saw the New Kids on the Block when they were Tiffany's opening
- You liked Tom Hanks better when he was a crossdresser.
- You know which Hollywood Square Jm J Bullock was in.
- You practice getting in and out of your car through the windows.
- You have the tendency to turn up the collar of your polo shirts.
- You're still wondering who really was the boss.
- You know what the "P" in "Alex P. Keaton" stands for.
- You keep asking your teachers if instead of the quiz you can take
the physical challenge.
- You organize weekend tournaments of TV tag.
- You still drink New Coke.
- When you watch "Terminator 2" you wonder where Vincent is.
- You know ALF's real name.
- You never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eyeshadow
and feathered bangs.
- You can name all of the Thundercats.
- You got a hankerin' for a hunk of cheese.
- Everything in your wardrobe is either pastel or fluorescent.
- Your musical inspiration is Sonny Mann.
- Sometimes you just want to shout, shout, let it all out.
- You're planning a dream vacation to Mepos.
- You use your Speak and Spell to phone home.
- You know the original members of Menudo.
- Sometimes out of the blue you just got to shake your love.
- When you're stuck in traffic you tell your car to engage Turbo Boost
and are surprised when it doesn't talk back.
- You remember when Vanessa sang Kareoke to "Locomotion."
- You know that Mr. Steele functions best in an advisory capacity..
- People are constantly gagging you with spoons.
- Your idea of appreciating ancient cultures is "Walk Like an Egyptian."
- The only thing you know about the Nazis is that they threw Indy to
- You still use your hair crimper before going out on a hot date.
- You hatch plots to break Murdock out of VA hospital.
- You know which five people Serpentor's DNA came from.
- You have "We Are the World" on 45.
- You're still sending death threats to Mr. Rubik.
- You can feel St. Elmo's fire burnin' in you.
- You watch NYPD Blue thinking, "Well, they're no Crockett and Tubbs,
that's for sure."
For the Curious....
Stinky Sullivan was Ben's friend on Growing Pains.
The theme song to Small Wonder was "She's fantastic, made of plastic,
microchips here & there...."
ALF's real name was Gordon Shumway.
The Thundercats are: Lion-o, Panthro, Tigra, Cheetara, Wiley-Kit, Wiley-Kat,
and of course, Snarf.
Thanx to Jeremy Ray Logston for some of these little bits of trivia.
(Small Wonder, Stinky, and ALF.) And don't worry Jeremy, I don't have
a life either. Perhaps we can go dutch?