The following tips are based on allegedly true stories:
- If you're bidding on a job for UPS, don't send your bid by FedEx.
- If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot
be resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.
- If you want your refrigerator's ice maker to work, you need to hook
it to a water source. Air doesn't make good ice unless it is mixed with
- No matter how much data you add to your laptop, it will not get heavier.
- A bad place to store your emergency backup diskette is on the underside
of your desk drawer, secured by a large magnet.
- It's okay to use the Poloroid Land Camera on a boat.
- When the PC says, "Insert diskette #2," don't do it immediately.
Remove disk #1 first, even if you're sure you can make them both fit
- When your PC says "You have mail," don't go to the company mail room
and look for a package.
- The French version of Netscape Navigator doesn't translate English
language web pages into French.
- If you're in the armed services, and it's April 1st, and you get
an e-mail message to call Colonel Sanders for new orders, don't.
- If you go to the computer store to buy a mousepad, you don't have
to specify whether it's for a Windows or a Macintosh.