Fun From Church Bulletins
The following announcements, believe it or not, have supposedly appeared
in church bulletins around the country:
- Don't let worry kill you--let the church help.
- Thursday night-Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of
David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends
of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. there will be an ice cream social. All ladies
giving milk will please come early.
- Thursday at 5:00 p.m. there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers
Club. All ladies wishing to be "Little Mothers" will meet with the Pastor
in his study.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and
lay an egg on the altar.
- Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost
of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet
will come forward and do so.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is
Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.