Actual Telephone Answering Machine Messages
- "My wife and I can't come to the phone right now, but if you'll leave
your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as we're finished."
- "Hello, you've reached Jim and Sonya. We can't pick up the phone right
now, because we're doing something we really enjoy. Sonya likes doing
it up and down, and I like doing it left to right ... real slowly. So
leave a message, and when we're done brushing our teeth we'll get back
- "A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is why we're
not here. So leave a message."
- "Hi. This is John. If you are the phone company, I already sent the
money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial
aid institution, you didn't lend me enough money. If you are my friends,
you owe me money. If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty of
- (Narrator's voice:) "There Dale sits, reading a magazine. Suddenly
the telephone rings! The bathroom explodes into a veritable maelstrom
of toilet paper, with Dale in the middle of it, his arms windmilling
at incredible speeds! Will he make it in time? Alas no, his valiant
effort is in vain. The bell hath sounded. Thou must leave a message."
- "Please leave a message. However, you have the right to remain silent.
Everything you say will be recorded and will be used by us."
- "Hi. I'm probably home, I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave
me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you."
- "Hi. Now you say something."
- "Hello. I am David's answering machine. What are you?"
- "Hi! John's answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator.
Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with
one of these magnets."
- "Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages.
My owners do not need siding, windows, or a hot tub, and their carpets
are clean. They give to charity through the office and don't need their
picture taken. If you're still with me, leave your name and number and
they will get back to you."
- "This is not an answering machine - this is a telepathic, thought-recording
device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling,
and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your
- (in a bored voice) "Heaven, God speaking.."
- "Greetings, you have reached the Sixth Sense Detective Agency. We
know who you are and what you want, so at the sound of the tone, please