You Might Be a Child of the 70's If....
- You can't remember a time when "going out for coffee" DIDN'T involve
49,000 selections to choose from.
- Kids that work in restaurants and supermarkets are starting to make
you angry by calling you "sir" or "ma'am".
- You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran,
Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper video.
- At one point during your teenage years, you walked with a noticeable
tilt to one side due to the number of plastic rings on that arm.
- There were at least three people in your school that voluntarily
went by the names of "Skip" "Buffy" "Muffy" or "Dexter".
- You ever owned one of those embarrassing crimping irons.
- You used to hold in your head the thought that all those gold chains
on Mr. T actually looked kinda cool and the thought that Mr. T made
millions seemed rational to you at the time.
- You remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit the
streets and made your old big wheel quite obsolete.
- The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.
- You read the "Hot Video Games Player's Secrets" guide for Mortal
Kombat just so you could find the hidden screen, and play Pong again
for old time's sake.
- Honestly remember when film critics raved that no movie could ever
possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.
- You were convinced for years that Batman was a mildly overweight
man with a moderate beer belly who wore his underwear outside of his
clothes and talked strangely.
- You thought Sean Cassidy was "dreamy", lusted after "Ted, your ship's
photographer" on the Love Boat and Chachi, or, to keep it fair to the
comically interested, thought Fred was just a hunk on Scooby Doo.
- You're starting to dread you're 30th birthday, and have even begun
going into denial about it's possibility.
- Your hair, at some point in time in the 80's, became something which
can only be described by the phrase "I was experimenting"