21 Rules for Being a Good Republican
- You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was
due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but that yesterday's
gas prices are all Clinton's fault.
- You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success
all on their own.
- You have to be against government programs, but expect Social Security
checks on time.
- You have to believe that government should stay out of people's lives,
yet you want government to regulate only opposite-gender marriages and
what your official language should be.
- You have to believe that pollution is ok, so long as it makes a profit.
- You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray
to Allah or Buddha.
- You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.
- You have to believe that a woman cannot be trusted with decisions
about her own body, but that large multi-national corporations should
have no regulation or interference whatsoever.
- You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares your
hatred of AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.
- You have to believe that society is color-blind and growing up black
in America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't
vote for Alan Keyes.
- You have to believe that it was wise to allow Ken Starr to spend $50
million dollars to attack Clinton because no other U.S. presidents have
ever been unfaithful to their wives.
- You have to believe that a waiting period for purchasing a handgun
is bad because quick access to a new firearm is an important concern
for all Americans.
- You have to believe it is wise to keep condoms out of schools, because
we all know if teenagers don't have condoms they won't have sex.
- You have to believe that the ACLU is bad because they defend the Constitution,
while the NRA is good because they defend the Constitution.
- You have to believe that socialism hasn't worked anywhere, and that
Europe doesn't exist.
- You have to believe the AIDS virus is not important enough to deserve
federal funding proportionate to the resulting death rate and that the
public doesn't need to be educated about it, because if we just ignore
it, it will go away.
- You have to believe that biology teachers are corrupting the morals
of 6th graders if they teach them the basics of human sexuality, but
the Bible, which is full of sex and violence, is good reading.
- You have to believe that Chinese communist missiles have killed more
Americans than handguns, alcohol, and tobacco.
- You have to believe that even though governments have supported the
arts for 5000 years and that most of the great works of Renaissance
art were paid for by governments, our government should shun any such
support. After all, the rich can afford to buy their own and the poor
don't need any.
- You have to believe that the lumber from the last one percent of old
growth U.S. forests is well worth the destruction of those forests and
the extinction of the several species of plants and animals in them.
- You have to believe that we should forgive and pray for Newt Gingrich,
Henry Hyde, and Bob Livingston for their marital infidelities, but that
bastard Clinton should be impeached.