Top 20 Ways to Annoy the Radio DJ
by Emily Dehl
- Call in when you know a contest isn't on and say "Did I win?
Did I win?" very excitedly. Then make the deejay feel guilty when he
tells you you called at the wrong time.
- Same as above, but do it after they already have a winner.
- Call in and request the same song every two minutes.
- Every time he puts you on live, call him queer. (works well on talk
- Or if he's really queer in real life, try to convince him to become
straight. Try Biblical reasons.
- Call in and tell bad jokes and laugh hysterically. Snort.
- Record part of the show and scramble, staticize (put static in),
speed up, slow it down, do whatever you can think of to it, then send
it to the station's e-mail address. (my fave station: 98.9, WHTS, e-mail
email@example.com. they can take a joke!)
- Call in responses to radio ads to the request line. Example: You:
"I'm calling to respond to Jewel-Osco's sale on feather boas. I'm sure
they'll go fast, so could you save one for me?" Act really clueless
and ask the DJ to find the store's phone number for you.
- Call and ask for condoms.
- If they don't play your request right away, call back and cuss them
- If they respond in kind, threaten to sue.
- Call and say that the current song offends you and ask them to please
take it off the air RIGHT NOW.
- IF one of the prizes is from a "prize vault" ask for the most unlikely,
outrageous thing you can think of.
- Throw a tantrum if you win a CD you didn't want that much.
- Call in and request obscure songs.
- Or request the last song they played.
- Offer a bribe to the deejay after you've lost a contest.
- Organize a protest outside the studio. Make it a subject having absolutely
nothing to do with the station.
- Call in and act like you've fallen madly in love with the deejay.
- Request a song completely out of the station's type of music, i.e.
if it's a rock station, request a country song. Act stunned that the
deejay never hear it. Start singing in an effort to help him recognize