Things Past
by Agent Newbeau

Prologue
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ana asked him. "I've never done this before."

Mike nodded. "I trust you to do this. You've studied. You know what to do."

"Okay. Do you want me to do Ellen, too?"

"No, too dangerous in her condition." Ana laughed. "You read Bridey Murphy, didn't you? They wouldn't hypnotize her when she was pregnant."

Mike wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans. It had taken a lot to get up the courage to ask Ana to do this for him. "What exactly are you going to do?" he asked. "How does this work?"

"There are certain patterns to our lives, lessons we must learn. We meet the same people," Ana explained. "When I regress you, you will recognize these people. There are certain things you already know. Ellen is your primary Soulmate. On some level, you recognized that when you met. Other people, your close friends and family, these are secondary soulmates. They are important, too. They may not always have the same position in your life, but they are there in some form."

"Like the time you were my sister?" he asked.

"Yes, like that," she said. "You have a very old soul, Mike. You've experienced a lot, not all of it good. Something triggered the memories. Tell me about the first dream you had. When was it?"

Mike thought about it for a few seconds. "It was Ellen's birthday."

Ana nodded. "That's the night she conceived. This ties into that, to your child. This isn't just a chance to correct the mistakes of this lifetime. It's a chance to right the wrongs of many lifetimes." She took his hands in hers. "Are you ready to begin?"

Without hesitation, Mike nodded.

Things Past One: Precious Jewel
How do you go on after you've lost everything?

Things Past Two: Without You
Sometimes true love doesn't exist in the way we expect.

Things Past Three: Johnny Reb
The American Civil War, 1861-1865