Introduction: First there was Shotgun Man. unfortunately, he has Mina the Prairie Chick. So Carrie quickly invented his twin brother, Woolhat Man. I get him.

Rescue Me
by Agent Newbeau
based on an idea by Carrie the Llama Chick

"This has been an absolutely horrible day," I muttered as I threw down the newspaper. "I even got a bad horoscope. I need to be rescued."

Suddenly, the door burst open and a man came running in. A strangely dressed man. A green woolhat was on his head, a towel tied around his neck, and black boxers. Black silk boxers that left little to the imagination. "Did you say you need to be rescued?" he asked. Such a lovely Texas accent.

Trying not to drool, I nodded. He was gorgeous. Maybe I should have a bad day more often.

"Then I'm here to rescue you," he said. "I am Woolhat Man!"

"Defender of truth, justice, and tummy fuzz?" I asked.

He shook his head. "That's my brother, Shotgun Man. I rescue fair maidens."

"I guess I could use a bit more sun," I said.

He laughed. "A sense of humor. I like that."

"Well, that outfit is pretty funny. You must have a sense of humor, too."

"When I want to," he said, smiling. Such a beautiful smile. Such a beautiful mouth. So kissable.

"I can read minds," he said.

Oh shit! I could feel my cheeks grow warm. A totally gorgeous, nearly naked man and he could read my thoughts. This was hell.

"You're beautiful when you're embarrassed," he said. "What do you need to be rescued from?"

I looked up at him. He seemed serious. For some reason, I trusted him. "Well, I am kinda lonely."

"You shouldn't be lonely. Not a pretty girl like you."

I blushed again. "You're a flatterer, Mr... Hey, what is your name?"

"I told you, I am Woolhat Man! My friends call me Wooly."

"Surely you have a real name. What kind of parents would name their child Woolhat Man?"

"Zebulan," he said. "My name is Zebulan. Zeb for short."

"You're better off with Woolhat Man."

He laughed again. A beautiful, musical sound. "It could be worse. My brother's name is Humperdink."

I laughed, too. "Poor guy. And I thought my name was bad."

"What is your name?" he asked.

"You read minds. You figure it out," I told him.

He shook his head, almost knocking off his hat. He quickly straightened it. "I'm very selective in what I read," he explained. "Normal stuff like names are usually fuzzy to me."

"Trust me, there is nothing normal about my name. I don't like the concept of normal. I don't think it exists."

"I like the way you think, New," he said.

"How did you figure out my name?" I asked, very surprised.

He blushed. It was really cute. "Well, I just read, uh, impure thoughts, and you just had an impure thought about me. Personally, I like the thought. I'm kinda lonely, too sometimes. It's not easy being a superhero. I want a sidekick. Shotty has Prairie Chick. Bernie has Llama Chick. I need someone." He took my hand in his. "It's a really easy job. You just have to make sure I stay out of trouble. Please?"

I couldn't ignore the plea in those wonderfully beautiful brown eyes. He needed me as much as I needed him. "Yes, I'll be your sidekick," I told him. "I don't have to wear anything weird, do I?"

He hugged me tightly, his body warm against mine. "You don't have to wear anything weird," he said. "What you have on now is just fine. You'll be Groovy Chick."

I was wearing a tie dye t-shirt and faded jeans. "I like it," I told him. "I like you."

"I like you, too," he said and then he was kissing me. It had been a long time since I had been kissed and Wooly quickly erased the memory of those kisses. For the first time in a long time I felt loved and safe. I didn't want it to end.

All too soon the kiss ended and Wooly was headed for the door. "Where are you going," I asked him.

"I live upstairs," he said.

"Oh," was all I could manage to say. I think that kiss shorted out my brain a bit.

He laughed. "What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation? Come on." He held out his hand to me. I took it and together we went upstairs.

I didn't get a good look at the place. He took me straight to the bedroom. I must say I like his cure for loneliness.

No man ever made me feel the way he did. I didn't have to tell him anything, he could read my mind and knew how to treat me right. He truly was a superhero.

Afterwards, he held me. I was just about to drift off to sleep when I heard someone giggle and a voice say, "My, what have we here?"

End