Untitled
by Linds

Davy and Micky were busy practicing songs when Mike burst into the pad.

"Guess where I've been!" Mike said energetically. Davy and Micky just looked at him. "I got us a job at this theme park place in town! And they're gonna pay us..." Mike whispered a number into Micky and Davy's ears.

Davy looked up and raised an eyebrow. "You must be joking! No one's tha' insane to pay us that much money!" He threw his tambourine on the ground and started laughing.

Micky giggled. "Yeah, emphasis on us!"

Mike sighed. "Well that insane man is paying us that much money to go and perform there tomorrow afternoon. So we'd better practice. Where's Peter?"

Davy and Micky shrugged. "He left about twenty minutes ago to get a new guitar string," Davy said.

"Well, we'll just wait until he comes. We really need the practice."

A few seconds later Peter came bursting through the door. He turned right around and locked the door. "We have small problems..." He went to the window and pointed out three angry men standing at the door, ready to knock it down.

Mike looked confused. "What do you mean problems? Peter, what did you do?"

Peter gulped. "Well, the music store wasn't open. So I went down the street to come back home... " He paused for a moment. "I saw this guy playing a guitar in a trio with some trumpet player and a clarinet player. So when he was done I asked him if I could use one of his guitar strings." He held up a guitar string.

"You mean you just took it off his guitar?!" Davy said.

"No!" Peter yelled back, "We made a deal: if I gave him five dollars I could have it. Well..." He started backing up against the door, "I only had 3.75 and a girl's lock of hair, so I gave that to him."

"That's gross," Micky said.

"No it isn't, it was strawberry blonde," Peter yelled back defiantly.

Mike observed the sitituation. "Well, judging by the leather jackets, I'd say Peter swindled from some rock group. You'd better give it back Peter."

"But Mike, we won't have time to get another one before tomorrow and we'll be out a bass!" Micky pointed out. He explained to Peter the activities of the following day.

Mike thought for awhile. "You're right Micky." He looked out the door. "Hey! they're leaving!" He watched the leathered trio get into some taxi and leave. "And so leaves our small problems. Now, can we please practice?"

"What songs Mike?" Davy asked.

"How about 'Last Train to Clarksville' and 'Valleri'?" Mike asked them.

"Sounds good to me!" Micky said.

~*~

The group practiced and the next day they were in the car and at the theme park. Mike parked the car and they all jumped out.

"What time do we perform Mike?" Davy asked.

"Um..." Mike looked at his watch, "Three hours. And meet me and Peter back at the carousel. I think we should split up, four's a crowd."

"Yeah, ok. So that's about 4:30?" Micky asked.

Mike rolled his eyes. "1:30 plus 3 equals 4:30, very good Micky!" They laughed. Micky pulled off Mike's hat and after a struggle, Mike retrieved it.

"Come on Micky! I wanna go on the fast rides before the lines get too long!" Davy pulled at Micky's sleeve.

"F-Fast rides?" Micky gulped.

"See you guys at 4:30!" Peter yelled.

Davy and Micky were in line for some roller coaster called the Calypso. Micky thought it was going to be great, until he saw the loops.

"Davy, there is no way I'm goin on this!" Micky stated. "Look at that, I'll be sick for a week!"

"Then, when we're goin up the 210 yard hill, you can be Captain Spew, and I'll be Sergeant Pepper!" Davy was so excited. Micky groaned. They got up to the front of the Micky started to back out. "Oh no, you don't bail on me now!" Davy grabbed him and pushed him into one of the seats.

Micky raised an eyebrow. "How can one midget get so touchy?" He fastened his seat belt and looked up the huge hill of metal. Micky gulped. Davy fastened his seat belt and as soon as he did he said, "Do you wanna go and get fries after this?"

The train started goin up the hill. Micky closed his eyes. "Why would you mention food to me now?"

Davy shook his head. "I don't know..." He looked down below. "Eh Mick! You gotta see this! You can see the whole park from here!"

Micky opened one eye and peered below. He was sorry he did. All he could see where the tops of peoples heads as the train came to the very top. He took a breath, and as he did the train plumeted downward. Micky opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out. He glanced at Davy, who was beaming with joy as they sped to the base.

They went in a loop. Micky got dizzy on the way up and was glad it only lasted a little while. "Whoo-hoo!" Davy yelled. Micky wanted to reach over and slap him, but he could barely move his hand from the speed of the coaster. There was a few more hills, but it ended and the two got off.

"Wasn't that great Micky?!" Davy said excitedly.

"Loads and loads Davy..." Micky groaned.

"You wanna go get those fries now?" Davy asked.

Micky let out a frustrated cry and lunged at Davy, who, at the sight of another fast ride, took off into the park with Micky right behind him.

~*~

Peter and Mike in front of a line to get on a water ride called The Raging Rapids. Peter had suggested it, and with a little hesitation, Mike decided he was hot enough to go on it.

"You're gonna love it Mike, I know you will!" Peter said with energy.

Mike paced a little, not sure if he wanted to wear his woolhat on the ride. "Well, I'll tell you something, I'd better not be getting wet for nothing!" He finally decided he should wear it. They stepped into the first empty raft they saw and the machines powered them down the man-made river.

The first thing Mike saw were little kids with water guns. They were shooting water at the people going by on the rides. "You know Pete, I never thanked you for picking this ride. I got you something!" He ducked.

"Oh Mike, you didn't have to-" Peter was cut off as the little boys soaked him in water. Peter sat drenched. "You have no respect for your elders!" He shouted to the little boys as he went by. Mike giggled, but not for long. He was hit by a tiny water fall. Peter laughed. "That was my thank-you note for my present!" They both were hit by the next water hazard and both came off laughing.

"That was great Pete! We'll have to do that with Davy and Micky. They'll get a real kick out of it!"

"Yeah, especially those-" Peter turned in the direction of the little boys that had squirted the guns. As he did this, he realized they weren't little boys and actually were the people he got the guitar string from. They noticed him and came at him imediately. "Mike! Run!"

Mike turned around to see an angry bunch of men coming his way and didn't take long to take off. He vigorously ran after Peter and they didn't stop til they were out of breath.

~*~

"Davy! Wait! Micky ran after Davy. He finally caught up, very out of breath.

Davy looked around. "I say, we ride.... " His eyes widened, "that...." Micky only had to read the sign to get butterflies.

"Davy, please.... what in the name of Sonny Bono could be fun about goin' 80 miles per hour in a loop?" Micky protested, but Davy was already in line. "Here we go again!" Micky trudged in line.

"Look at it like this, there isn't a hill, and we didn't eat anything, so you can't spew!" Davy said, trying to comfort Micky. "And it only lasts for less than a minute! Why is it so bad?"

"Because there's still 59 seconds where i could blow chunks," Micky said. "I like fast rides Davy, but there are reasonable limits to everything!" He looked at the sign again. "The Laser Loop?!"

Davy smiled, realizing they were next. "Come on Mick!" Yet again, Davy grabbed him and yanked him into the seat. Micky hardly had time for conversation, because after he and Davy buckled their seatbelts and everything, the ride started moving.

Micky had never been so psyched. There was something about this ride, he told himself, I know it from somewhere.... but how and why? All Micky could see was a streak of light, even though the bulbs to the ride weren't even on. He glanced over at Davy who was just staring ahead, almost as if the ride weren't good enough for him. Micky still sat in amazement as the ride slowed to a halt. Davy got out of his seat silently, and walked slowly towards the exit where the rest of the riders gathered to and left. Micky followed behind him.

"Hey Davy?"

"Yeah Mick?" Davy turned around and looked at him.

Micky thought about it. Davy's gonna think I'm nuts for even suggesting weird thoughts like that! Micky told himself, It was just a great ride and nothing more. "Oh, Nevermind." He got out of the exit before Davy and started into the park again.

Davy stayed behind a bit. "That was weird..." He said to himself, "The rides must be getting to Micky." He ran to catch up and followed Micky.

~*~

Mike and Peter ran. "Did we lose em?" Peter gasped out of breath. Mike looked back.

"I think so, but just to be safe..." Mike darted into a little restaurant that was located in the park.

Peter looked around the place. "Wonder what section of the park we're in..." He looked around for some sign, but all he could see anywhere was little kids. "Um.... Mike?"

Mike turned to Peter. "What? Do you know where we are?"

Peter cocked his head. "Yeah, either we're in Munchkin Land or we've landed directly in the children rides..." Peter shuddered. "I cant stand little kids...."

Mike sighed. "Peter, neither can I, but it's them or people that are 6'7" and were probably on the school football and/or wrestling squad, too!" Mike gulped, "I choose the little kids."

Peter gulped. "I second that vote. So where do we hide?" Peter looked around. "Should we wait for Davy and Micky to find us?"

Mike looked at his watch. "We have another hour and a half. And knowing Davy, they'll be on those really fast rides for a long, long, time."

"And in the bathroom for an even longer time knowing Micky!" Peter added. He looked around. "Mike, there they are!" Peter pointed.

"Who, Micky and Davy?" Mike said, trying to find the position of Peter's finger.

"No! The band!" He grabbed Mike and sat in a booth. Mike ducked his head low.

"Let's just hope that they don't recognize you," Mike whispered, "'cause they don't know who Davy or Micky is and they didn't get a good look at me."

All the sudden one of the leather-backed rock band members saw Mike. "There's that woolhat guy!"

Peter rolled his eyes. "Not going to recognize you?!" He got up and followed Mike as he ran further into the park.

Davy and Micky were eating at a small french fry joint called The Potatoe Patch after they had ridden the Laser Loop. Micky was still out of it.

"Hey Micky, if you don't want to go on any of the fast rides again just say so man. You don't look too good you know," Davy commented.

"Actually, I think I wanna go on that Laser Loop again..." Micky looked up.

Davy gave a slight sarcastic laugh. "Micky, really, you don't have to fake it or put up a fight."

"Who's faking? It was kinda psychedelic, in a weird way..." Micky stared off in the direction of the ride.

Davy followed Micky's stare. He had an uncomfortable feeling. "Micky, maybe you were just nauseus.... I mean... it wasn't that big a deal!" He looked around trying to find another subject. Actually, it's a big enough deal I don't wanna go on it again... Davy thought to himself. He remembered how it actually felt, as if his soul was being uplifted from his body, and almost wishing Micky would change his mind.

But Micky didn't. "Look, the lines really short, let's get in line while the going is good!" He grabbed Davy's arm and dragged him to the ride again. Davy looked at the fries he left sitting on the table, wishing he had never heard of the Laser Loop. Micky and Davy waited in line. Finally, after what seemed like hours to Davy, they got back in the little car. The sun wasn't as high and it wasn't as hot as it had been before. Micky sighed. He was having second thoughts. Davy could tell.

"Hey, Micky, if you don't want to do it, I'll be glad to accompany you to the exit." He smiled sweetly.

Micky grinned. "You're scared to ride this aren't you?"

Davy hesitated. No.... just a little...." his voice faded into the distance the sound of the rides spokes turning on. The Laser Loop had started. Micky gave a slight smiles as they turned to go into the first loop of the ride.

Davy waited for the same feeling he got before. Nothing happened. Then, after about three or four times, he heard this noise in the back of his head. It turned out to be some kind of music, but he couldn't tell what it was or what what was making it. Davy didn't get the same feeling as before, he felt almost sick this time. He didn't want to look at Micky, or see the delight in his face because he would know whether Davy was scared or not. Then the short jokes would come. And Micky would tell Mike, and he'd get the joy of hearing the short jokes all over again. Then Peter would pick up on it and it would be a game of Monkee in the middle with Davy's sunglasses or tambourine or some game that Peter would think of just to mock him.

Then the ride stopped just as they were going up the loop again. Davy was jolted forward but looked around curiously. A man in a suit and slacks was in the operation booth with a park attendant. "Excuse the interruption, the ride will have to be shut down. There were some...." the man cleared his voice, "fatal errors... now if you all would please becareful and exit at the main doors, we would like to get the problem fixed and this ride gone and out of the park." And with that the man returned to talking to the attendant.

Davy turned to Micky. "Well, we'd better-" Davy realized he was talking to no one. Micky wasn't there, nobody was. Davy looked around nervously. "Micky?!" He whispered, "Where are you?!" He got louder. Finally the man in the suit came over.

"Excuse me son, didn't you hear? We have to close down this ride!"

Davy pointed to his seat. "Do you see a person here?"

The man glanced at his seat. "Have you been to the local brewery recently?"

Davy sighed. "When I came on, there was a another guy with me. When they stopped the ride he was gone."

The man raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps you should ask around, go to the lost and ound or something, just GET OUT!"

Davy jumped and skitted out. He looked at his watch. "3:45.... I have 45 minutes til I have to meet Mike... maybe I should go to the lost and found...." He was desprate and looking for anything he could do. "They obviously aren't gonna let me look around in there!" He gave once last look around the ride, and left for the service center.

Peter and Mike were running yet again. Mike stopped to catch his breath. "We can't keep running from them Peter! Eventually we're gonna get caught."

Peter looked around. "The Ferris Wheel!"

"This is no time for fun and games Peter! We have some muggers on our tail!" Mike shook Peter violently.

"No! Look! The line on the Ferris Wheel is virtually nothing! We can hide on that!" Peter smiled and started running towards it.

Mike sat in his dust confused, then said, "Oh!" and ran right after Peter. Peter ran in and sat down in one of the little seats. "Kinda... tight!" He said as he tried to squeeze in the tiny seat.

Peter scooted over. "Look! There they are!" He pointed to the "muggers" who were looking all over trying to find Mike and Peter.

Mike was quiet for a moment. "Peter, you're a fool."

Peter looked over hurt. "Why?"

Mike opened his eyes wide. "We stick out like a sore thumb! And I don't have any space to duck this time." He shook his head.

Peter stuttered defiantly. "Bu-bu- but look! They left!"

Mike looked over. "Well for the love of Sonny Bono, they did!" He smiled at Peter, "Looks like you aren't the fool I thought you were after all." He looked at his watch. "It is 4:05 though. We need to see about meeting up with Davy and Micky so we can set up for the concert."

Peter was beaming. "I did good this time."

"Yeah, well don't let it be your last! We need all the luck we can get..." Mike looked out at the people running around in the park.

Davy went straight to the service center. He stopped there out of breath and managed to say, "Has anyone here seen someone named Micky Dolenz?" He looked around. "Anyone?" They just stared at him. "How about a guy named George Michael Dolenz?" They gave the same response. Davy went to the receptionist there. "I'm looking for a guy about 6 foot, straight black... sorta brown hair, and is about 20 or 21 years of age with brown eyes. Has he come here?"

The receptionist looked at him inquisitively. "What kind of hair did you say?"

Davy paused a moment. "Brown long, straight hair, why?"

She gasped at the word long. "No I'm sorry. It seems your friend hasn't come back this way." She went back to writing something. Davy looked around. Everyone would glance at him every now and then. It was almost 4:15, he knew he would have to be getting back soon. He left the small open building.

"What are we gonna do if we don't have a drummer?" He wondered if "Valleri" would sound good without one, shuddered at the thought, and kept walking.

~*~

Mike and Peter got off the Ferris Wheel and started towards the caurosel.

"This whole day hasn't been a disaster at least. I mean, we're getting paid a lot of money to play a couple songs in which we really have no chutzpa in that particular art!" Peter said, rather amazed that he new the meanings of those words. "Yeah!" Mike chipped in, even though he had no idea what "chutzpa" was or what they even had to do with it. They sat down on a bench on one side of the caurosel. Mike sighed. "It's so peaceful here, and quiet and-"

Mike was interrupted by Davy.

"Mike! I can't find Micky! We were on a rollar coaster ride and when it ended I looked over and he was gone and there were these weird ladies and they were looking at me funny!" Davy looked at the blank expressions on Mike and Peter's faces.

After awhile Peter perked up. "Yeah, I heard that!" Mike just rolled his eyes.

"So, the bottom line is: we can't find Micky?" Mike looked at Davy.

Davy nodded. "What time are we supposed to go on?"

"5:00, but if we don't have a drummer we're in deep... " He looked around for a plan. "Ok, Peter, go and tell the manager we'll be there soon. Start to get set up and stuff. We''ll meet you there at 5:00, with or without Micky." He headed of into the park with Davy, in the direction Davy came from.

"Peter saluted Mike, then headed in the opposite direction. "Gee, I hope they find Micky.. cause that would be horrible if we didn't have a drummer anymore...." Peter analyzed the situation in his head.

Davy showed Mike the Service Center. "I think they're afraid of me. They don't talk to me and they stare." He looked over the premisis again.

Mike looked around. "Well, let me try talking to them. We have to find Micky!" He walked casualually up to the front desk.

The lady looked at Mike. "Is there something I can do for you sir?" She seemed to almost check him out.

Mike raised an eyebrow. "Um... yeah, actually there is. I'm looking for Micky Dolenz."

Suddenly the lady jumped up onto the top of the desk. "Forget him. Come with me and let's get to know one another better... " she looked him over again, and gave an evil grin.

Mike just smiled and backed up. He turned around. "Come on Davy, we don't need a drummer this bad!" He grabbed Davy's arm and ran into the food court.

~*~

Peter set up the drums. "I don't know why I'm doing this. Chances are we're not gonna find him." He played around with the amps. "There. All set." He sat down on a chair and started to warm up. He stuck a couple of chords and then heard a cry for help. Peter sat up. He looked around. "I know that voice..." He looked some more. He saw a guy waving his arms around against a building's wall. "Micky!" Peter ran over there.

"Peter! Where's Davy and Mike?!" He looked almost frantic.

"They went off to find you, of course.." Peter said, then he started to think about that. "Micky! Where have you been?! We've been looking for you for the past hour practically!"

Micky looked around anxiously. "There's no time to explain Peter! We have to find them and get out of here!"

Peter stood with his mouth wide open. "But what about the.. " He whispered the paycheck number into Micky's ear.

Micky shook his head. "It's a long story man... I'll tell you when we find Davy and Mike." Micky turned back to looking for them again.

Peter stood there thinking about that for a second. "Oh.. so in other words.. oh! Micky, they went to the service center!"

Without saying a word Micky ran off to the service center with Peter running as fast as he could behind him.

~*~

Mike and Davy were hiding in a phone booth near the enterance to the food court.

"Mike, this is ridiculous. We're not gonna find Micky standing inside a phone booth like this." Davy leaned back against one of the sides.

Mike nodded. "I know man, but what do you want me to do about it? It's a huge place, we could be running in circles trying to find him. It's easire to just stay in one place and hope he walks by."

Davy sighed and looked out the window of the phone booth. Suddenly he turned and grabbed Mike's arm. "Mike! Let's go to that huge tower thing! We'll be able to see him from there, it overlooks the whole park!"

"Hey, good thinkin'!" He leaped out of the phone booth and started jogging down tto the tower.

~*~

"Well... I don't see him, do you Peter?" Micky looked around the service center.

Peter shook his head. "We'll never find them in here man.. this place is a zoo.."

"Well where could they have gone? I mean if they only left you fifteen minutes ago... then where could they be?"

Peter shrugged. "I don't now.. but I have a way we could find out..." He pointed to the tall towers that stood between one of the roller coasters and the food court.

Micky started running again in that direction. Peter sighed, and started chasing off after him.

~*~

"Davy, what if we don't see them?" Mike asked, as he stepped into one of the seats.

"Well... we could form a duo." Davy smiled stupidly, and Mike gave him a look.

"Very funny..." Mike looked around, then suddenly heard his name being called. He turned to see Peter and Micky coming up in the line.

"Mike! We can't go to the concert, we can't give the concert!" Micky was out of breath as he fell into the seat behind Davy and Mike.

Mike looked back at him like he was crazy. "What do you mean?! We have to give the concert! We owe some people a lot of money!.." Mike thought of the landlord..

"Not this time, they've got it rigged so that sometime during our playing time..." Micky drew his finger along his neck, "we're goners!" He sat in the seat with Peter.

"Are you sure? I mean.. maybe they're talkin about assassinating the President instead?"

Micky shook his head. "It's the same guys Peter ran into."

Mike nodded reluctantly. "I'm glad we found out sooner rather than la-"

Just as Mike began to finish his sentence the rollar coaster started. "'ey wait just a minute.. no one else is on this bloody thinng but us!" Davy pointed out.

Peter looked down. "Hey look Micky it's those nice men with the guns we saw before!" Peter waved to them.

Mike and Micky exchanged glaces. "Well we found out later rather than sooner.."

Micky gulped. "Mike we gotta stop this thing!" He crawled up to the front of the train where the control panel was. Mick played around with some wires and slowly the coaster screeched to a halt.

All four of them jumped out and ran down the side stair cases.

"'Ey fellahs, they're gonna figure out we're not up 'ere!" Davy got to the ground.

Mike scratched his head, then grabbed Peter. "C'mon guys, follow me!" He looked up at the men who were still following him, and yelled, "Hey buddy! over here!"

Micky ran over to Mike, "Are you nuts?! You're gonna get us all killed!"

"No man, just follow me, he started running towards the House of Mirrors.

Micky jogged up by him. "Well whate xactly do you plan on doing?"

"I'm gonna get them lost in the house of mirrors, and while Davy and I are doing that, you and Peter are gonna find a cop."

Micky looked off. "Oh.. okay.." He grabbed Peter and they went to look for a cop.

~*~

Davy and Mike entered the House of Mirrors, with the gunmen following them.

"Who do you think they work for? the mob?"

Mike shrugged. "Knowing where Peter got himself in trouble.. they probably work at the gas station.." He heard a noise. "Alright Davy, let's do this.."

The gunmen came in and looked around. Everytime they thought they saw Mike or Davy in one of the mirrors they shot it. Mike and Davy thought this was going quite well until they'd shot every mirror out

and they came to the real thing. One of the men spotted Davy.

Davy was kinda crouched in a corner. "Don't shoot! I'll go..." He put his arms in the air.

Just as the gunman was about to fire a cop came in and stopped everything.

Mike sighed with relief and slid to the floor. "I can't believe that just happened..."

"The good guys win again Mike! we win again!" Peter and Davy danced.

Mike pondered off. "Well.. I think we've learned a valuable lesson here."

Micky looked at him. "What do you mean? what did we learn?"

"Never to send Peter out for any kind of errand again."

End