Is She?
by Agent Newbeau

She was tall and beautiful with long auburn hair and brown eyes. She smiled easily, displaying straight, white teeth. Her friends adored her, her fans adored her, her children adored her, and her husband thought she was the most wonderful person in the world.

There was only one problem.

Who did she belong to?

In the world of fanfic everybody belongs to somebody. There's the creator of the show and sometimes there's original characters. Ellen was a bit of an enigma, a curious hybrid between show character and original character.

Blame it on character development being non-existent in the 1960s tv shows, especially those appearing in only one episode. It didn't matter that she was important to what passed for a plot in those days. She was given a first name and that was it. No past, very little present, and definitely no future. Very disturbing.

Then one night, a viewer had a dream that gave her a future. Soon she had a past. But who did she belong to?

There were the writers who created her for the show. She didn't do much on the show, just overreacted a lot and confused Mike. Mike just sorta watched and tried to keep her from jumping out the window.

The writer of the stories had different ideas. In them Ellen didn't do crazy stuff like pretend to be suicidal or anything. And Mike didn't just stand there. They did other stuff. Fun stuff. They went to dinner and the movies and ate ice cream.

And they had sex. A lot.

She liked that much better.

So now she had a past and a future. She was a real person now.

So she gladly accepted the writer of the stories as much as her creator as the writers for the show.

And that answers that question.

End